|Marriage & Wedding Information - Marriage-Wedding||
Let us create a 3d Digital eBook for you! DigyCat.com
Seven Ways to Survive a Remodel (And Save Your Marriage) Tips from Pisa Design, Inc
Remodels are tough on everyone. The house is out of order, the refrigerator is out of pudding, and the family wiener dog is out of sorts as he searches for his food dish. To help ease the stress of a remodel, we suggest you follow the list of tips below.
1. Invest in "his" and "hers" robes. During a remodel, your house in no longer your own. Everyone from Pete the plumber to Earl the electrician walks through your home at all hours with little regard for privacy. If you'd rather they concentrate on the work in front of them instead of you walking by them, we suggest you invest in some robes-preferable terry cloth for their comfort and thickness.
2. Stuff your speed dial with take-out. Even if the kitchen isn't part of your remodeling project, it's a good idea to create a robust file of take-out and delivery menus from local restaurants. Place settings and candles on a cardboard box where your dining room table used to be aren't motivation for anyone to prepare five-course meals. And you never know when you may find yourself without electricity, natural gas or water. Plus, delivery guys need the tips.
3. Get to know that guy with his name stitched to his shirt. Prior to starting your project, kindle a relationship with your local gas station attendant. Buying bottled water, dairy products and using the facilities will be a much more pleasant experience when you know the person behind the name. You may even get a smile every now and then.
4. Know when to drop everything and run. Just as you would for a double date with the couple across the street, devise a plan of escape. Even the best-run projects can try your patience and linger on with no end in sight. Tack the phone number and picture of a close friend or favorite hotel to your refrigerator (if you still have one). Knowing that there's an alternate site to the natural disaster that was once your orderly home may be all the therapy you need until the project is completed.
5. Hold off on conversations that start with "How was your day, honey?" Conducting heart-to-heart conversations around the dinner table during a remodeling process is like carpeting your bathroom-not a good idea. Even if you delay such discussions until later in the evening, you may find it difficult to concentrate as you gaze at the rec room through a hole in the floor.
6. Get-togethers are great-but not at your house. Family and friends, they mean well. But under no circumstances should you invite anyone over before the project is complete. Wait for the paint to dry before you break out the fondue set. Even if she wants to view the work in progress, you know full well Aunt Mabel is bound to say something about the entry tile that will send you into orbit and drop you back on Earth feeling sick to your stomach.
7. Do not open until X-Mas. You may be tempted to plan a party or host a family holiday shortly after the anticipated project completion date. Don't. If you thought picking out a faucet for the master bath made you sweat, try cutting up jicama for your party and then noticing a blotch of ceiling paint on the backsplash. Even under the perfect conditions, remodeling always takes longer than anticipated. There's plenty of touch-up work required up to a month after the tradesmen call it a wrap. And it's not like the perfect accessories are just waiting to be snapped up at your neighbor's garage sale. Our best advice to you is that you plan your first party six months after the estimated project completion date.
We hope these survival tips come in handy as you plan for your next remodeling project. If you're tired of survival tips and are looking for someone who will offer you a wonderful remodeling experience, hire top-notch professional interior designers or architects who come highly recommended by friends, family or associates.
Lisa Peck and Kristen Mengelkoch are partners and principal interior designers at Pisa Design, Inc. in Minneapolis, Minnesota. They are experts in both remodel and new construction residential projects.
William & Kate - Royal Wedding
This RSS feed URL is deprecated, please update. New URLs can be found in the footers at https://news.google.com/news
The Bachelor Party: A Guide For The Best Man
If you forget the ring, there is still a chance that you might be forgiven. If you throw a poor bachelor party, you might as well throw away your friendship.
The Pros & Cons of Beach Weddings
Beach weddings are popular but they do present "special issues".Failing to consider these ahead of time could leave you unpleasantly surprised on your wedding day!There is certainly nothing that should dissuade you from your vision of a beautiful seaside ceremony.
Wedding Photography: Preserving the Memories
A person's wedding can be one of the most important times in their life. They will have memories that they want to treasure forever and then pass on to their children.
Bridesmaids Gifts: a Token of Love, Appreciation and Affection
No one has as much fun as the bride to be on her wedding day, except, perhaps, her bridesmaids. Bridesmaids enjoy all of the fun of a wedding without the stress and headaches of planning the blessed affair.
Bachelor Party Planning - The Ultimate Weekend Trip with the Guys
Rounding up the guys to devour some barbecued red meat followed by a drunken jaunt to the local "nudie bar" just doesn't seem to be cutting it for today's soon-to-be grooms as they celebrate the end of bachelorhood. Could this new trend just be the competitive nature of men flourishing as they try to upstage their buddy's previous celebration? Absolutely, guys want the best of everything and most of all, they want to impress.
Marriage and the Election
Dear Friends of Marriage,There is a lot of talk on both sides in this election that this is the most important election this century. Most of this is exaggeration to try and motivate people to vote for one candidate or the other.
Destination Weddings in Oregon
Oregon is one of the most marvelous places in the world. Blessed with a variety of climates, landscapes, cultural diversity, tourist attractions, beautiful cities and friendly people can make the wedding day fantasies of any couple come true.
Celebrate With Butterflies - The Flying Flowers
Make your upcoming event the most memorable ever by adding butterflies to your special day. Butterfly Releases are a perfect way to celebrate all of the important occasions in life.
What Is A Destination Wedding Favor?
Have you heard of destination wedding favors? I haven't either, so, I have taken it upon myself to pioneer this phrase. Destination weddings, destination wedding dresses, and now, "destination wedding favors".
Wedding Cake - Bakery Tips
Wedding cake bakeries will have a cake portfolio to look at and that will help you decide if they are able to make the cake you want.Have an idea of how many guests you will have at your reception, this will help determine the amount of wedding cake you will need or number of cupcake wedding cakes.
A Call for International Marriage Laws
I recently watched a CNN programme which centred on "kidnapped daughters" (from multicultural marriages) who were unwillingly given away in marriages in Islamic states by their fathers. Usually, the fathers were from these Islamic states.
Extreme Age Differences In Marriage Can Lead To Infidelity
"Extreme age differences between husband and wife may lead to infidelity" says author and infidelity expert, Ruth Houston, who was recently quoted in an article in First magazine. Houston's comments were included in the sidebar of an article in the May issue of First entitled "The Surprising Way Women Are Turning Back the Clock," which discusses the pros and cons of marriages and relationships in which the woman is considerably older or younger than the man.
How A Marriage Counseling Secret Can Save Your Marriage
How do you react if your spouse announces "I want a divorce" or something similar? With shock? Surprise? Outrage?If these are your reactions, you've got plenty of company. Thousands of spouses each year have this same experience.
What Can You Do To Make Your Reception a Success?
This is something that we've started to send to all our clients about a week prior to their wedding. It has really helped both the bride/groom and their families get the most out of their wedding receptions:Your wedding is about a week away and I just wanted to email you and let you know a few things that you can do to help make your event run smoothly and get the most out of your time at the reception.
2005 Mother Of Bride Dress
A 2005 mother of bride dress tends to have a different look and feel to it than did mother of the bride dresses in the past. That's because today's mother of the bride tends to be a different sort of woman, having come of age in a different culture than the typical mother of the bride from eras gone by.
Give-and Take: Recipe for Success in Marriage?
A woman once visited a counselor to ask a question about her marriage. I have a funny feeling that you might not be especially impressed with the answer she was given.
The (American) Bride Wore Red
Increasing numbers of American brides are thinking about doing the formerly unthinkable -- getting married in a bold red gown.Not that red is a stranger to marriage.
Understanding Sexuality in Marriage
Your physiological and psychological expressions of sexual behavior during the age periods of infancy, adolescence, adulthood and post climacteric state defines sexuality. It involves individual pleasure and satisfaction and includes individual inclination for their sexual preference.
Love on the Internet
People are looking for life-long relationships in the most peculiar places. There's the favourite haunt - the hotel.
Diamond Wedding Rings - The Things to Look For
There is a huge array of diamond wedding rings available today, and choosing the one that will be with you for a lifetime is a serious affair. Not only are there aesthetic factors to bear in mind, your diamond wedding ring holds also a deeper significance.
BigDayOut Domain Is For Sale - $3500 For Enquiries eMail Us
© www.BigDayOut.biz - 2012